The Simple Lets scheme was introduced in order to make the process of private renting in conjunction with the Council's homelessness team more efficient and easy.
The main aim of Simple Lets is to increase the number of properties provided by private landlords and to increase the number of landlords who would re-let their property through the Council scheme.
For a limited time only the Council is offering cash incentives from £200 to landlords that let a new property through the Simple Lets scheme. Further information can be found here.
Some key points of the scheme are:
- No letting fees
- Comprehensive checks on prospective tenants including previous references from landlords, affordability evaluations and financial checks
- Deposit and rent in advance paid at the signing of the tenancy
- Housing benefit paid direct to landlords in the majority of cases
- ‘Fast track’ of all housing benefits claims
- Dedicated officer that both the landlord and tenant can use as a ‘one stop shop’ to contact throughout the tenancy to resolve any issues that may arise.
To submit a property for consideration please use this form.
Simple Lets aims to provide an equal level of service and dedication to both the tenant and the landlord. Information guides for both landlords and tenants can be found below.
For further information please contact the Simple Lets officer on 01992 785555 or email email@example.com.