Alternatively, you can email Swim School, or call The Laura Trott Leisure Centre on 01992 623345 or The John Warner Sports Centre on 01992 445375
About Fit&Well Swim School
There is no age or ability limit to joining Swim School. You are never too old or too young to learn, from babies taking their first dip in a pool, to adults who have never learned to swim or would like to improve their technique. Swimming is not just a fun and healthy way to exercise, it is also the gateway to many other water-based sports.
Our professional approach to swimming is to ensure all our swimmers make progress; instilling a sense of achievement and enhancing self-esteem whilst generating self-belief and boosting confidence.
We regularly progress our swimmers through the Swim England (formerly ASA) Learn to Swim pathway because our approach uses a number of learning styles specific to individual needs, enabling swimmers to progress at their own pace.
All classes are fully staffed with life guards, all our teachers are qualified to at least Swim England Level 2, and all are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. Our teachers also undergo continuous professional development.
Our teachers record pupils' progress electronically at each swimming lesson against clearly defined criteria, allowing you to track progress from your own computer or mobile device.
More information about the awards and certificates we give out can be found here and on the Swim England website.
Free swimming assessment
If you are not sure which class to join or how your child will respond to teaching, or if you just want to know how swimming lessons could benefit you, we offer a free swimming assessment with a Swim England Level 2 qualified instructor.
Complete the form and one of our team will contact you to make an appointment.
The Fit&Well Swim School package
When you start your journey with us, you will receive:
- One class per week, 50 weeks of the year (additional one-to-one classes can be purchased for anybody aged three years and above).
- Any swimming hats, badges and certificates that are issued as part of the course.
- Help in finding and fitting the right goggles.
- Free swimming during public swim sessions, to enable swimmers to practice and improve more quickly.
- Free parking at The Laura Trott Leisure Centre for 30 minutes either side of a lesson (parking is free at The John Warner Sports Centre).